Olympic ice hockey 2022: Czech Republic vs Switzerland prediction and betting tips (February 11)
Czech Republic have a streak of eight losses, whereas Switzerland have won three of the last four matches. Who will win this time?
Gregory Hofmann (Switzerland) showed strong play against the Russians
Gregory Hofmann (Switzerland) showed strong play against the Russians

The Czech Republic vs Switzerland fixture in the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Friday, 11 February 2022, starting at 08:40 a.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing.

Latest odds on betting sites

Czech Republic are priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 44%. Switzerland come with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 34%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Czech Republic vs Switzerland (11 February 2022):

  • Over 4.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 4.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Czech Republic — 2.90 (+190; 19/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Switzerland — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)

Match preview and statistics

Czech Republic were defeated by Denmark (1-2) in the Round 1 of the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament.

They attacked well in the first period. Czech Republic made 17 shots on target but they did not score a goal because Denmark completed 23 defensive actions. Denmark made only four shots on target and finished two of them successfully. Markus Lauridsen scored the first goal in the 12th minute. Frans Nielsen scored a bullet in the 18th minute.

Czech Republic played a bit better in the second period. They made 10 shots on target and scored a goal, whereas Denmark made eight shots on target and did not finish them successfully. Roman Cervenka scored a goal in the 24th minute with Jan Kovar’s support.

The Czechs dominated in the last period but they were not able to level the score. They made 13 shots on target but completed only nine defensive actions, whereas Denmark made five shots and completed 19 defensive actions in the period.

A total of over 4.5 goals has played out in six of the last seven fixtures with Czech Republic participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this fixture.

Switzerland met Russia (0-1) in the first stage.

Both teams were approximately equal in the first period. The Russian Olympic Committee made eight shots on target and scored one of them. Russia completed 17 defensive actions in the period. That was the reason why Switzerland did not finish nine shots on target successfully. In the 20th minute, Anton Slepyshev scored a goal.

Switzerland made 13 shots on target in the second period. Russia made 11 shots on target and completed 19 defensive actions. Patrick Fischer’s boys were five minutes in powerplay but they did not score a goal during this time.

Both teams were absolutely equal in the last period. Switzerland made 11 shots on target and completed 15 defensive actions, whereas ROC completed 16 defensive actions and an equal number of shots on target.

We have seen a total of under 1.5 goals in the first period in four of the last five matches with Russia participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) this time.

Czech Republic vs Switzerland H2H

Switzerland won over Czech Republic (5-2) in the last H2H match. They made 28 shots on target and finished five of them successfully. Patrick Fischer’s men completed 43 defensive actions. Timo Meier scored two out of five goals in this fixture.

Czech Republic made 26 shots on target and scored two goals in this match. They completed 39 defensive actions.

Lineups and key players

Czech Republic projected starting lineup:

  • Simon Hrubec
  • Libor Sulak
  • David Sklenicka
  • Jan Kovar
  • Matej Stransky
  • Coman Cervenka

Roman Cervenka scored a single goal for the Czech Republic in the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament. Also, he has scored 19 goals and has made 39 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Switzerland projected starting lineup:

  • Reto Berra
  • Santeri Alatalo
  • Christian Marti
  • Andres Ambuhl
  • Gregory Hofmann
  • Enzo Corvi

Gregory Hofmann played well in the first round but he did not score a goal. He has played only six matches this season. However, Gregory scored seven goals and made three assists in these three matches.

Prediction and betting tips

Czech Republic attacked perfectly in the last match. They made 40 shots on target but Denmark conceded only one of them.

Switzerland did not score in the first round. They played well but Russia performed stronger. I believe that Switzerland will not lose in 60 minutes against the Czech Republic. The same outcome has played out in the last three H2H matches against the Czechs.

Filip Pesan’s men have lost the last eight matches, but they showed good offensive play in the last match. I believe we will see a total of over 4.5 goals in this match. We have seen the same total in the last seven H2H matches of Switzerland versus Czech Republic.

Betting prediction: Switzerland win or draw

Odds: 1.65 (-154 American; 13/20 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 4.5 goals

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Ice Hockey. Round 2
Czech Republic — Switzerland
Won
Switzerland win or draw
1.65
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!